Azerbaijan is a geographical name. On the one hand this name is linked with the population, which lived in this region for thousand of years before our era, and who were mostly fire-worshippers. Local population considered that fire was their God and so they worshipped the fire. “Azer” means fire. The Turkic name “Azer” was used for this territory for a long time. The word “Azer” consists of two parts – “az” and “er”. In Turkic languages, “az” means a good intention and a fate of success. Thus, the word “Azer” means “a brave man”, “a brave boy”, “the fire keeper”. The word “Azerbaijan” originates from the name of an ancient Turkish tribe, who resided in those territories.
Wonderful nature, climate, Natural resources of the country produced a significant impact on artistic thinking and creation skills of Azerbaijani people as well. In spite of a long and difficult way undergone by different types of arts in Azerbaijan, they still represent a unity and provide outstanding opportunities for the creation of a full idea of fine arts of Azerbaijan. The folk arts of Azerbaijan are multi-colored, complete and rich, as its natural resources. The folk art is connected with daily life of people and daily life occupies a very special life in the fine arts as well. Folk arks cover a long period from ancient times to nowadays and including a variety of products from garments to housing goods and decoration.
The time kept a range of ancient archeological and architectural monuments for us. The ancient headstones, manuscripts and models of carpets, preserved to the present times from the ancient ages, can provide much information to those who can and want to read them. If you wish to understand Azerbaijan and to know everything about it, you need to look at this country and its people with a friend’s eyes.
Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Council of Europe (CE), Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), GUUAM, Organization of Islamic Conference, Black Sea Economic Collaboration (BSEC), Organization of Economic Cooperation (OEC). Azerbaijan also actively cooperates with the European Union, NATO, International Monetary Fond, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Islamic Development Bank and other organizations. It accedes to the new joint documents and international agreements.
6 nights/7 days
1st day/ Arrival
- Arrival in Baku
- Meet the representative of local company at the airport
- Transfer to hotel
- Check in and overnight in Baku
2nd day/ Baku city tour
- Breakfast at hotel
- Baku old city tour:
- Survey of a medieval part of city “Icheri Sheher” (Inner City) –Old Cityor Inner City (Azerbaijani: İçərişəhər) is the historical core of Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. The Old City is the most ancient part of Baku, which is surrounded by walls were well protected. In 2007, the Old City had a population of about 3000 people. In December 2000, the Old City of Baku, including the Palace of the Shirvanshahs and Maiden Tower, became the first location in Azerbaijan to be classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Visit to Miniatur book museum
- Juma mosque
- Walking at narrow and ancient streets old Inner city
- Shirvanshahlar Palace-The Palace of the Shirvanshahs(Azerbaijani: Şirvanşahlar Sarayı, Persian: کاخ شروانشاهان) is a 15th-century palace built by the Shirvanshahs and described by UNESCO as “one of the pearls of Azerbaijan’s architecture”. It is located in the Inner City of Baku,Azerbaijan and, together with the Maiden Tower, forms an ensemble of historic monuments inscribed under the UNESCO World Heritage List of Historical Monuments. The complex contains the main building of the palace, Divanhane, the burial-vaults, the shah’s mosque with a minaret, Seyid Yahya Bakuvi’s mausoleum (the so-called “mausoleum of the dervish“), south of the palace, a portal in the east, Murad’s gate, a reservoir and the remnants of a bath house. Earlier, there was an ancient mosque, next to the mausoleum. There are still ruins of the bath and the lamb, belong to the west of the tomb.
- Visit to Nizami street– central street of Baku
- National Seaside Boulevard area
- Little Venice of Baku
- Boat trip
- Upland park– Memorial Nagorny or Upper Park is located high above the coastal area of Baku.And you can have a wonderful view of the Bay of Baku with Primorsky Boulevard, the old town Icheri Sheher, the Maiden Tower and the Shirvanshakh’s Palace.
- Back to hotel
- Overnight in Baku
3rd day/ Baku to Gabala
- Breakfast at hotel
- Departure to Gabala city-Gabala is the ancient capital of Caucasian Albania. Archeological evidence indicates that the city functioned as the capital of Caucasian Albania as early as the 4th century BC.Up to the present time there are the ruins of the ancient city and the main gate of Caucasian Albania. Ongoing excavations near the village Chukhur show that Gabala from 4th – 3rd centuries BC and up to the 18th century was one of the main cities with developed trade and crafts.
- Arrival in Hotel and check in
- Visit to Cable car of Gabala-ride in a cable car to watch the nature and enjoy active rest in summer.There is more than 5-kilometer walking distance in the rope lines and 4 stations (points to stop). These are the L2 Riverside station with the height of 956m-1660m, the L4 Gabala cable car track with the height of 1251-1660m, the L5 Duruca cable car track with the height of 1251-1410m, and the L6 Sleeping Beauty cable car track with the height of 1410-1920 meters
- Nohurlake-Eye-catching Lake Nohur with the magnificent view to Caucasus Mountains, fresh air and water is one of the most picturesque places of Gabala.
- Back to hotel and overnight in Gabala
4th day/ Gabala to Baku
- Breakfast at hotel
- Departure to Baku city
- Arrival in Baku
- Check in the hotel
- Shopping tour: Visit to Genjlik mall
- Back to hotel and overnight at hotel
5th day/ One full day Shahdag trip
- Departure to Shahdag Tourism complex– was open to the public in 2012. It is located in the Azerbaijan‘s Greater Caucasusrange, the site is located near Shahdag National Park, which is known for having an intact ecological system and an untouched flora and fauna.It is the first and largest ski resort in Azerbaijan
- Using different activities( cable car, zip-line,quad biking,skiing,snow tubing)
- Back to Baku city
- Back to hotel and overnight in Baku
6th day/ Absheron Trip
- Fire temple -Ateshgah Ateshgah(from Persian: آتشگاه, Atashgāh, Azerbaijani: Atəşgah), often called the “Fire Temple of Baku” is a castle-like religious temple in Surakhani town (in Suraxanı raion), a suburb in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Based on Persian and Indian inscriptions, the temple was used as a Hindu, Sikh, and Zoroastrianplace of worship. “Atash” (آتش) is the Persian word for fire. The pentagonal complex, which has a courtyard surrounded by cells for monks and a tetrapillar-altar in the middle, was built during the 17th and 18th centuries. It was abandoned in the late 19th century, probably due to the dwindling of the Indian population in the area.
- Burning mountain- Yanar Dag(Azerbaijani: Yanar Dağ, meaning “burning mountain”) is a natural gas fire which blazes continuously on a hillside on the Absheron Peninsula on the Caspian Sea near Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan (a country which itself is known as “the Land of Fire“). Flames jet into the air 3 metres (9.8 ft) from a thin, porous sandstone layer.
- Visit to 28 mall for leasure time
- Back to hotel and overnight
7th day/ Transfer
- Transfer to airport
Azerbaijan Consulates Islamabad Pakistan
|Plot 1 D and 1E Diplomatic Enclave II, Islamabad – Pakistan|
|0092 51 260-07-04 ,0092 51 260-07-03|
|0092 51 282-08-98, 0092 51 260-07-07|
|09.30 am-12.30 pm|
Dowload Visa Requirements / Forms
Please click over the relevant button to download visa application forms or visa requiremtns. Or for further information mail us email@example.com
Quick Overview of Visa Requirements
Citizens of most of the countries of the CIS (do not need a visa to enter Azerbaijan.
Citizens of other countries can get a visa at an Azerbaijan Embassy abroad and/or in the Heydar Aliyev airport on a basis of an invitation from a private person or tourist agency. Consular fee applies.
Documents required from the Consulate Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan for visa application:
- Filled in application form (or copy of application form)
- Original Passport (6 months valid)
- Original ID card
- Passport-size photograph on application form
- Handling fee invoice;
In the event of absence of visa to arrive in the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreigners coming by airplane can for short time obtain an ordinary entry visa at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku.
- Visa delivery: Tuesday, Thursday 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm
- Single entry: 6.000 Rps
- Multiple entry: 20.000 Rps